Writer. Reader. Dreamer.
I write so I can imaginatively travel and explore the worlds that exist only inside my head.
I’m a lover of all things, especially good coffee and big dogs. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains – right in the middle of nature heaven, beside a fast-flowing creek, and in front of a flower bed of red poppies. I have a beautiful family, which consists of a soul mate, two wonderful kids, and a cat.
Seven Things About Atlas:
- I know Latin, which is why it’s incorporated in most of my books. I studied Latin for two years in school.
- My favorite hot tea is Constant Comment by Bigelow. Also, unsweetened tea > sweet tea.
- I’m the type of person who relies on the calculater to tell me what exact change to give people, even though I could probably do the math in my head.
- I’m obsessed over How It’s Made and Good Eats television shows. (Also, sometimes Buffy. Spike is kind of my fav.)
- My absolute favorite weather is the rainy, thunderstorm, cloudy, nasty days… as long as I don’t have to get out in it.
- I will never get on a boat or plane. Absolutely not. Under no circumstances. It’s almost a phobia. If I can’t drive, I’m not going. Although, I did try parasailing once on my honeymoon in 2013. It was beautiful but panic-attack-central.
- I’ve only traveled to six states. NC, TN, GA, SC, MI, and FL.
I graduated high school in 2010. One thing I am absolutely proud of is the fact that I studied English under NY Times Bestselling Author Beth Revis. (Ya’ll… if you don’t know this woman, you’re missing out. Go buy her books. Right now.) After graduating, I pursued an education in psychology. English was always my favorite subject. Math… not so much.
Spoils of War by Trevor L. B. Porter
The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
Survival of the Sickest by Sharon Moalem
The Harry Potter series
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Tales of Beedle the Bard
The Paper Hearts Books: Vol. 1-3
The Paper Hearts Workbook
Across the Universe series
A World Without You
The Body Electric
Flowers for Algernon
The Shadow Children Books
Wolf of Wallstreet
The Theory of Everything
The Maze Runner Series
Catch Me if You Can
Nightmare Before Christmas
Favorite TV Shows:
The Last Man on Earth
How It’s Made
How the Universe Works
The Best of Bob Ross
Strip the Cosmos
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Glass Animals (especially the song Agnes)
The Postal Service
A Perfect Circle
The Goo Goo Dolls
Though Atlas Hart is a pseudonym, here’s an author photo of the real me. (The amazing photography is by Arron Boleyn – Instagram @Arron.Boleyn) I always try to be transparant with my readers and fans. My pen name isn’t to hide behind the computer. It’s solely so I can write different genres without confusing readers. With that being said, I’ve been stewing on middle names for months now. I can’t seem to stick with one for my pseudonym. If you have any suggestions, let me know!