Like most of the world, my family is stuck at home during the COVID19 “quarantine.” My kids’ school is closed for a while. So, I’ve been trying to come up with things to keep them busy.
Here’s a quick activity that my kids love!
DIY FUN SHAPED CRAYONS:
- An oven
- Crayons (any brand will do but I like the consistency of Crayola)
- Silicone baking molds (Michael’s craft store is where I got mine – the Easter ones were on sale for $2)
- Have your kids (and you, if you want) sit down and peel the paper off ALL the crayons!
- Break the crayons into little pieces and put them into the silicone molds.
- Put all the molds on a cookie sheet, then into the 250 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Once they’re done, let them sit for two hours or until they’re completely cool. (If you’re impatient, like me, you can let them sit for 10 minutes, then move them to the freezer for 30 minutes.)